Bouillabaisse & Other World Seafood Stews You Have to Try
Looking for a savory, hearty dish to warm you up from head to toe? Try these authentic stews and soups from around the world!
© Fearless Eating
Zarzuela: Spanish Seafood Stew
This hearty Spanish stew is bursting with fresh seafood, and it takes things up a notch by adding a nutty almond paste and cured pork for extra richness. Shellfish definitely takes prominence over fish in this dish , so feel free to load it up with your favorite crustaceans and mollusks (though both may be used). Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!