How to make pasta sauce from scratch - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Pasta sauce from scratch recipes
Lamb Fettuccine with fresh egg pasta
By PicNic, PicNic
Place all of the vegetables (including tinned tomatoes) in a food processor and process until neat smooth
- Basic egg pasta
- 500 - 600 g lamb steaks, sliced
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups spinach leaves
- 1 400 g tin of tomatoes
- Dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
Pepper & Tomato Homemade Pasta Sauce
Delicious Homemade Pasta Sauce
- 3 large peppers (green, red, yellow,...)
- 1 & 1/2 large tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 g butter
- salt & pepper
- fresh herbs
Learn how to make authentic pasta from scratch!
- • 1 cup Flour
- • 1/2 tsp Salt
- • 2 tbsp Water
- • 1 Egg, beaten
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!