Making and using Italian tomato sauce - 6 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: tomato pasta sauce recipe
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Italian tomato sauce recipes
italian sunday gravy tomato sauce
By european cutie, European Cutie
I love my homemade recipe for tomato sauce
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jumbo onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves (pressed
- or minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or half as much table salt)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 6 lb can San Marzano whole tomatoes (pureed until smooth in food processor
- or food mill)
- 3 tbsp dried parsley
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or half as much table salt)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (kids might find this amount a tad spicy - adults usually love it - I double it)
- *Fresh basil
- chopped or torn (as much as you like
- but don't add until serving)
How to make tomato sauce
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!
By EMAXI, Just a girl and her spoon
I love to make things with tomato sauce
- I batch tomato sauce + a sprinkle of Italian herb
- and basil
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 container frozen ravioli
QUICK & EASY SANDWICH BREAD PIZZA
Got pizza cravings? Here's how to make the shortcut version, starting with a few slices of sandwich bread!
Preheat oven to 350 F Brown ground beef
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 large can Italian tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato soup
- pepper and oregano to taste
- 1 500g tub cottage cheese
- 1 block mozzarella sliced
- Lasagne noodles precooked
- 1 16 ounce Box Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage castings removed crumbled
- 1 Medium Onion minced
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed Red Pepper flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 48 ounce Jar Seasoned Pasta Sauce
- 1 Medium Tomato sliced
50 Delicious Ways To Use Up Your Summer Zucchini
When your garden is overflowing with fresh zucchini, it's time to get cooking! Here are 50 amazing ways to get more zucchini in your life.
Hot n' Chunky Slow Cooker Chili
Mix all ingredients well in large slow cooker cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours
- 2 cans red kidney beans drained
- 1 can diced tomato
- 2-3 cans pasta sauce (I use 1 hot & 1 garlic)depending on the consistency you like
- 1 can mushrooms chopped or sliced
- 1 lg green pepper
- 1/4 red
- yellow or orange pepper
- 1 lb ground beef cooked & seasoned to taste
- 4 cooked & chopped hot Italian sausage
- 2 packets of clubhouse chili mix. I use 1 hot 1 reg.
Rigatoni with Italian Tomato Sauce
In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 796 ml can plum tomatoes
- 1 cup cream
- 375g pkg rigatoni.