Easy tomato sauce recipes that go with everything - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Easy tomato sauce recipes
Tomato Sauce for Salads or Spagetti
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 whole yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon (yellow) juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey or to the taste
italian sunday gravy tomato sauce
By european cutie, European Cutie
I love my homemade recipe for tomato sauce
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jumbo onion, diced
- 5-6 garlic cloves (pressed, crushed, or minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or half as much table salt)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 6 lb can San Marzano whole tomatoes (pureed until smooth in food processor, blender, or food mill)
- 3 tbsp dried parsley
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or half as much table salt)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (kids might find this amount a tad spicy - adults usually love it - I double it)
- *Fresh basil, chopped or torn (as much as you like, but don't add until serving)