Tomato gravy recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Mini Cherry Pies
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Tomato gravy recipes
italian sunday gravy tomato sauce
By european cutie, European Cutie
I love my homemade recipe for tomato sauce
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jumbo onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves (pressed
- or minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or half as much table salt)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 6 lb can San Marzano whole tomatoes (pureed until smooth in food processor
- or food mill)
- 3 tbsp dried parsley
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or half as much table salt)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (kids might find this amount a tad spicy - adults usually love it - I double it)
- *Fresh basil
- chopped or torn (as much as you like
- but don't add until serving)
Fried Tomato Gravy
By Irene Wanner
Fried Jersey tomatoes blended with a flour mixture
- 6 firm
- but ripe Jersey tomatoes
- 1 Cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Cups of milk