40 Hearty Stews that are Perfect for Hibernating
Look no further for cozy meals in a bowl. Here we present 40 soulful stews to warm you up from the inside when it's super cold outside.
1/40 View slideshow
© Inspired Taste
Irresistible Guinness Beef Stew with Carrots
Beef stew is a classic that will never go out of style, and this recipe gets a lovely depth of flavor from the addition of Guinness stout beer. Rounded out with carrots, onions, celery and potatoes, it's sure to warm your belly on the coldest of days. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
9 Secrets to A Better Stir-Fry 60 Family Dinner Recipes for When... 30 Easy Yet Impressive Sides for Summer...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Comment on this article