Classic Holiday Pies with a Twist
Make the holidays more memorable thanks to these incredible twists on classic pies.
© My Diary of Us
Spiced Purple Sweet Potato Pie with Ginger Graham crust
You've never seen a sweet potato pie like this. As the name suggests, this pie uses purple sweet potatoes mixed with all the classic spices. The twist comes not only from the color, but also the ginger in the crust and whipped cream steeped in vanilla. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!