23 Scrumptious Ways to Bake with Eggnog
Eggnog isn't just for drinking. Here's how to incorporate it into your baking this holiday season.
1/23 View slideshow
© The Crumby Kitchen
Spiced Chocolate Eggnog Cake
This impressive mile-high confection is flavored with eggnog and spices in both the cake and the cream. The result is a rich, nuanced chocolate cake for those of us who can't get enough of the seasonal drink. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
60 Family Dinner Recipes for When... 30 Easy Yet Impressive Sides for Summer... Tasty Soups to Simmer in the Crockpot
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article