Try These Delicious Dishes That'll Keep Your Skin Glowing All Summer
Your skin goes through a lot during the summer period, so here's our tips on how to keep your body's largest organ healthy over the coming months.
Creamy Avocado Basil Pasta
Studies have shown that if you eat an avocado a day, facial skin's elasticity and firmness is increased. Fresh basil is also said to be super skin-friendly as it's loaded with essential nutrients (such as vitamin K, C, and A), and has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which prevent acne.
Why not pair the two together and try out this delicious recipe? It'll give your skin a glow, and likely also put a smile on your face!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!