Thanks To This Trick, You Never Have To Buy Evaporated Milk Ever Again
Does your recipe call for evaporated milk, but your pantry is all out? This trick will save you a trip to the store. Making evaporated milk at home is actually much simpler than you think!
1/5 View slideshow
© Getty Images
WHY MAKE EVAPORATED MILK?
Evaporated milk can add creaminess to all kinds of recipes, from baked goodies to mac and cheese! Although you can always buy a can at the supermarket, you'll find that it's much easier to make at home. Not only does it taste better homemade, your evaporated milk won't have any preservatives so it's healthier for you too!
More steaming articles
3 Game Of Thrones Dishes You Need To... Box Mixes You Need To Stop Buying and... 33 Secrets That Only Pro Party Hosts...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article