27 Amazing Side Dishes To Round Off Your Summer Barbecues
No cookout is complete without a few satisfying side dishes. Easy to make and perfect for summer, here are a few yummy recipes your guests will actually want to eat!
Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
These grilled jalapeño poppers are sure to spice up your next barbecue. Stuffed with shrimp and wrapped in bacon, they'll pair especially well with your surf and turf mains. To tone down the heat, remove the spicy seeds inside each pepper (you can even soak them in water briefly to be extra sure) and serve with a creamy dipping sauce.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!