20 Non-Traditional Pies to Make for Thanksgiving
There's more to holiday pie than pumpkin and apple. These pies are great alternatives for the dessert table.
© Saving Room for Dessert
Vanilla Cream Caramel Pie
Where to begin? Bourbon makes a guest appearance in both the custard and the cream in this silky pie filled with vanilla bean. Oodles of freshly whipped cream are topped with Bourbon caramel sauce to create a pie decadent enough to fit the season. Everything comes together for the perfect bite, though we suspect you'll eat at least three slices before crying "uncle!"
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!