Beach-Friendly Foods that Withstand Sun and Sand
Plan the perfect beach day with these no-fuss recipes your whole family will love.
© The Candid Appetite
Vegan Cauliflower Ceviche
Peruvian ceviche gets a vegan twist in this beach-ready recipe. Instead of fish, this dish has cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and hominy, in a tangy, spicy sauce that's perfect for enjoying in the sun. Here's the recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.