The Fastest Way To Shred Meat
Shredded meat is a versatile protein that can be used in a variety of ways. Learn how to shred it faster with this genius trick!
© Getty Images
It's hard to think of a food that's more versatile than shredded meat. With chicken breast, you can toss it with mayonnaise and veggies for classic chicken salad, sauce it up with buffalo sauce for sandwiches and wraps, throw it into stir fries or pasta dishes. It's a great source of lean protein, but of course, chicken isn't the only delicious meat that can be used in myriad ways. Pulled pork is ideal for all things Tex-Mex (tacos, burritos, salads, enchiladas), in BBQ sandwiches or simply served on its own with your favorite sauce. Shredded beef serves the same purpose and can also be used to make ragu for pasta or substituted for shaved meat in French dip sandwiches.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.