Easy No-Cook Recipes to Deal with Summer Heatwaves
Who wants to slave over a hot stove when it's sweltering outside? These are the no-cook recipes you need to stay cool.
Chilled Spanish gazpacho is absolutely ideal for summer. With fresh in-season tomatoes and ingredients you probably already have on hand, it comes together in no time.
- 2 lb tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 slice of white bread, soaked with crusts removed
- More chopped veggies to garnish
Add all the ingredients to a blender, and mix for 1 minute until all the ingredients are combined and you get a smooth consistency. Transfer to a sealed container, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
When ready to serve, pour into glasses and enjoy as a refreshing starter, or serve in bowls for a light meal. Add some fresh chopped veggies to garnish, if desired.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!