Recipes for butterscotch squares - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Butterscotch squares recipes
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Squares
By Aunt Wanda
Yummy squares, a favorite with nieces and nephews at family gatherings
- 2 Cups smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bags of nestle butterscotch chips
- 2 bags of peanut butter chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 bags small colored marshmallows
Butterscotch Squares Gramma Brett
first layer: Melt butter and add butterscotch chip its in sauce pan
- First Layer:
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup butterscotch chip its
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups rolled graham crackers
- Second layer:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. custard powder
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. milk