The most delicious eggnog recipes for this holiday season - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Eggnog recipes
Pour milk into blender to the 3/4 cup mark
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
10 Recipes To Make With Leftover Champagne
It's not a party without bubbly! But what can you do with it once the party is over? Here are 10 sweet and savory things to make with champagne.
By Carolyn Haslam-ODea
Makes two loaves. This has a great taste and is not too sweet
- 4 3/4 flour
- 4 teaspoon. baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup snipped apricots
14 Champagne Cocktails That Will Be The Toast Of The Party
Looking for a way to fancy up your New Year's? Here are 14 classy cocktails that highlight Champagne in all its bubbly glory.
Mix all ingredients in blender til smooth
- 6 eggs
- 1c sugar
- 1/2 salt
- 1qt light cream
- nutmeg to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 c rum to taste