Our best perfect chocolate macaron recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chocolate Soufflé in a Mug
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Perfect chocolate macaron recipes
French Chocolate Macarons with Chocolate Ganache
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside
- For the macarons:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 3 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 large egg whites
- at room temperature
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- For the ganache filling:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- at room temperature and cut into cubes
Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup fine sugar
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely ground almonds