French dessert recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated French dessert recipes
French Chocolate Macarons with Chocolate Ganache
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside
- For the macarons:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 3 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 large egg whites
- at room temperature
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- For the ganache filling:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- at room temperature and cut into cubes
30 dynamite ways to serve ice cream
There is so much you can do with this delicious, creamy dessert! Check out these 30 dynamite ways to serve ice cream.
Creme Brulee (Custard)
This is the fancy custard served in fancy restaurants
- 2 cups half and half or light cream
- 5 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1- t. vanilla
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar