Sliced beef with gorgonzola cream
By Batard Marie
- 2 1/2 lbs of rump steak
- 1 1/2 cups Gorgonzola
- scant 1 cup of sour cream
- 4 tbsp tablespoons of sherry or Madeira
- 1 tsp tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Cut the rump into slices about 1/2 cm thick, then into strips.
- In a plate, mash gorgonzola with a fork. Add the sour cream, mix until mixture is smooth.
- Put the oil over high heat in large skillet. Fry the beef slices for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Salt and pepper, then remove with a slotted spoon and place in a hot dish placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Discard the cooking fat and pour the sherry into the pan. Boil over high heat, scraping with a wooden spatula to get all the juices. Add the gorgonzola/sour cream and simmer gently for a couple minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Coat the meat with gorgonzola cream and serve immediately.