Papayas in the Oven
- - 1/2 papaya per person
- (Do not choose too big a fruit
- the ideal is to use small red papaya
- sweeter and tastier than others).
- - Brown sugar
- -1 Lemon
- -Vanilla Extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Cut papayas in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and stringy part of the center.
Hack the meat 2, 3 times and sprinkle each half of the fruit with a teaspoon of sugar, pour a few drops of lime and vanilla extract.
Generously butter your dish (if necessary, protect it with a sheet of aluminum foil), bake for 20 minutes.
Serve warm with the vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!