Moms chicken posole
Favorite meal mom makes !!!!
- 3-4 whole chicken breast -skinless
- 32 ounces white hominy
- 6-8 dried new mexico chile
- 10 garlic cloves
- diced onion
- tapatio hot sauce
- lime or lemon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Put chicken in a large stock pot cover with water and bring to a boil.
Once at a boil reduce heat to a simmer for 2-3 hours and leave till chicken falls apart. Fish out any bones then add the hominy and continue cooking at a low simmer.
Fill medium sauce pan 1/2 full with water.
remove stems and seeds from dried peppers and add them to the pot with the 10 garlic cloves as well.
boil with a lid for 15 minutes then let cool.
dump pot mixture into a blender and add red powder and blend till smooth.
add blended mix to the stock pot and cook an additional 10 minutes enjoy.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Chick'n Thai Curry 2.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese 2.5/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe