Moms chicken posole
Favorite meal mom makes !!!!
- 3-4 whole chicken breast -skinless
- 32 ounces white hominy
- 6-8 dried new mexico chile
- 10 garlic cloves
- diced onion
- tapatio hot sauce
- lime or lemon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Put chicken in a large stock pot cover with water and bring to a boil.
Once at a boil reduce heat to a simmer for 2-3 hours and leave till chicken falls apart. Fish out any bones then add the hominy and continue cooking at a low simmer.
Fill medium sauce pan 1/2 full with water.
remove stems and seeds from dried peppers and add them to the pot with the 10 garlic cloves as well.
boil with a lid for 15 minutes then let cool.
dump pot mixture into a blender and add red powder and blend till smooth.
add blended mix to the stock pot and cook an additional 10 minutes enjoy.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.