Fluffy Chocolate Banana Pancakes
This is some of the best pancakes I’ve ever made, and I really mean it. They have the same soft, melt-in-your-mouth consistency of my Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes, but with a kick of creamy chocolate flavor. Just one banana is all you need, but you can add more if you’d like to heighten the flavor and make them a little denser... but still delicious
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe banana (the riper, the sweeter!)*
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Additional banana slices, for garnish, optional
- Maple syrup or honey, for drizzling, optional
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
In a small bowl, mash banana. Mix in buttermilk, egg, vanilla and vegetable oil until well combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The mixture should still be pretty lumpy.
Spray a large pan with nonstick cooking spray and set to medium heat. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the surface and edges are just cooked, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional minute.
Garnish with additional banana slices and drizzle with maple syrup or honey, if desired.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!