Dholl, Drum Stick and Salted Fish Curry
- 3 measures from the rice cooker of dholl
- 2 bundles of drum sticks as tender as possible
- 125 gms of freshly ground mixture of curry(massala paste) OR
- 3 tablespoonsfuls of curry powder diluted in some water
- 1 tablespoon of garlic and ginger
- 3 small onions finely sliced
- 6 fine tomatoes (crushed)
- 2 tamarind balls melted into 1/2 cup of warm water
- salt,pepper and ajinomoto(to taste)
- 12 pieces of salted fish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Pour two twists of the oil into a pressure cooker.
Deep fry your salted fish until a pink colour ,take it out and place it in a bowl.
Add some more oil if necessary,brown your pepper,onions,the massala paste,stirring continuously,until the oil and the masala gets separated,put in the drum sticks, and allow to brown for some 2 more minutes,then add your dholl;cook for some minutes adding all the tamarind water in which ajinomoto will have been diluted.
Add boiling water to fill half of your pot ,close and allow to cook for some more 15 minutes from the first whistle.
Steam off,put in your salted fish,cook for 3 minutes on a reduced heat.
Serve with a fine,grained rice and a coconut chutney.Some gourmets replace the drum sticks by the chocho. The chocho or egg-fruit must then be served very tender,peeled and cut into four pieces.