- 1 cake yellow cake mix
- 2 cans any pie filling
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Dump two cans of pie filling in bottom of cake pan. Evenly spread DRY cake mix over top of the pie filling. Dot top of dry mix with dollops of butter.
Follow directions on box for temperature and time to bake cake based on shape of cake pan.
This is much like a cobbler and is wonderful served warm with ice cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!