Almond, ginger crust with mild orange and Metaxa flavours. Topped with a fig reduction.
- 3 boxes 250g cream cheese bricks
- ¾ cup sugar (or ½ cup sugar and ¼ cup of honey)
- 2 tbsp. vanilla or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 shot of Metaxa
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt (drained in a cheesecloth)
- 2 tbsp flour, or 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed gingersnap cookies
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ to ½ cup roasted almonds
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
crust: Blend everything together in the processor and press into the base of a springform pan. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes and take out to cool.
filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add any flavours and flour. Add eggs one at a time, until just blended. Pour into pan. Place pan on cookie sheet, in case there is any spillage from the cake. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until centre is almost set. Run knife around the rim of the pan to loosen cake; cool completely.
Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Top with figs or drizzle with thinned fig jam.
You'll also love
- gingerbread house 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 4.8/5 (61 Votes)
- Greek-Style Vegetables 4/5 (39 Votes)
Review this recipe