Chicken tikka kebab
- Chicken Breast/ Boneless Chicken -1 lb(cut into bite size pieces)
- Onion, Coloured Bell Peppers,Tomato (diced) - 1 cup (optional)
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt - 1 Cup
- Cashew nuts - 2 tbsp (crushed)
- Lemon -1/2 (juiced)
- Cilantro (finely chopped) - 2 tbsp
- Red color - few drops(optional)
- Oil - 1 tblsp
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
1.Mix all the ingredients under marination except chicken and veggies to form a paste.
2.Now add the marination to the chicken pieces and veggies to coat it .
3.Let it marinate for atleast 3 hours in refrigerator (increased marination time gives soft chicken with all masala taste).
4.Take bamboo skewers and soak in water for 1/2 hour.
5.Preheat oven to 300F.
6.Grease a baking dish with few drops of olive oil and spread the marinate chicken pieces and veggie pieces on it.
7.Bake it for 10 minutes and flip the chicken pieces and again bake for 10 minutes(to evenly cook the chicken)
8.Now take the baking dish out from oven and place the chicken and veggies in skewers(use paper towel to handle chicken if its very hot).
9.Now place the skewers in the oven at 350F for another 10 minutes(this gives the flavor and taste like in tandoori).
10.Now serve the yummy tikka by sprinkling few drops of lemon juice as a snack.
You can also grill the tikka on a stove top griddle if you do not have oven.
- If you dont have skewers just place it in a baking sheet in the rack above heating rod (check that it does not get burnt)