- 2 lbs ground beef (or turkey/chicken)
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 recipe for Homemade taco seasoning (below)
- 1 (8 ounce) can low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat free refried beans
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat Colby-jack cheese
- 18-20 hard taco shells
- Optional Condiments-
- Lettuce (shredded)
- Tomato (diced)
- Sour Cream
- Olives, sliced
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix all together. Store in an airtight container.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess liquid. Return to pan, add chilies, refried beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Mix well and cook for a few minutes if mixture seems runny.
Spoon the taco meat mixture into the taco shells and place into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish (OR check out The Taco Rack), standing up. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the taco meat in each shell. Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tacos are heated through.
Remove from the oven and top with any optional condiments for serving.
Double recipe for more people
You'll also love
- sopa with cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)