Cant eat a cannoli with out this filling!
- 32 OZ. whole milk ricotta, drained
- 1 ½ cups confectioner sugar
- 1 ½-2 teaspoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Disaronno Amaretto
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ chopped maraschino cherries or chopped candied fruit to taste
- chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Drain ricotta in cheese cloth at least 24 hours before using. I usually hang it from the faucet in the sink to drain the excess water off. Using an emersion blender, cream ricotta and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add orange zest, almond extract, vanilla, and Amaretto and blend well.
Store covered in refrigerator until ready to use. (Filling is better if it sets a few hours or overnight before using.) Fold in nuts, fruit, and chocolate chips just before filling cannoli shells.
Place chilled filling in a pastry bag and fill cannoli shells OR use spoons like I do and make a mess, but you can lick the spoons as a treat.
Sprinkle chopped pistachios and choc. chips on ends of each cannoli.
Eat one, just to be sure they are good! Also make sure they are stored in a nice container & refrigerated.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Dark chocolate fudge brownies with... 4.4/5 (80 Votes)
Review this recipe