oma's little muffin thingies
Rate this recipe 4/5 (31 Votes)
- 1cup white sugar
- 1cup butter unsalted or margarine
- 1tblsp almond flavouring
- 2cups flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Mix ingredients in order given one at a time, stirring well after each
Pack into mini-muffin tin(s) ungreased
Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour or until lightly browned
Let cool on wire rack and store in an air-tight container
Makes a great school lunch snack
You'll also love
- nuttella cracker bites 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- spicy kale chips 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Crumb Cake 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow cooker Oatmeal 4/5 (61 Votes)
- Puffy Pancakes 4/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe