Soaked Steel Cut Oat Muffins
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- 2.5c steel cut oats
- 2 eggs
- 1c apple sauce
- Milk-for soaking (flavored is good)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 scoops protein powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4tbs chia seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix ingredients, bake at 350
You'll also love
- Greek Yogurt Sundae 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- 10-Minute Layered Ice Cream Cake 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Sticky Buns 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate No Bakes 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Delicious cake with curd custard 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Applesauce Muffins 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Oat Biscuits 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes 3.8/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!