House Special; Beignets
Princess and the Frog based, yummy donut like pastry that melts in your mouth.
House Special; Beignets. Discover our recipe.
- 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope of active dry yeast
- 1 2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 cup hot water (about 115°)
- 1/4 cup of shortening
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1 2 to 3 cups more flour
- Frying oil
- Powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Average budget
Combine 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope of active dry yeast, 1 2 cup warm water (105° to 115°), and 1 tsp. granulated sugar in bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup evaporated milk, 2 large eggs (slightly beaten), 1 tsp. of salt, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
Microwave 1 cup water until hot (about 115°); stir in 1/4 cup of shortening until melted. Add to yeast mixture. Beat at low speed, gradually adding 4 cups flour, until smooth.
Gradually add 2 1 2 to 3 cups more flour, beating until a sticky dough forms.
Transfer to a lightly greased bowl; turn to grease top. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface; roll to 1 4-inch thickness. Cut into 2 1 2-inch squares.
Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
Fry dough, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dry on a wire rack.
Drizzle with honey. Dust immediately with powdered sugar.
Let cool slightly, serve at warm temp.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1096 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (916 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (338 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (169 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (165 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (137 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.3/5 (159 Votes)
- Mini Quiche Lorraine without batter 4.3/5 (127 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Easy Lemon Soufflés