House Special; Beignets
Princess and the Frog based, yummy donut like pastry that melts in your mouth.
House Special; Beignets. Discover our recipe.
- 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope of active dry yeast
- 1 2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 cup hot water (about 115°)
- 1/4 cup of shortening
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1 2 to 3 cups more flour
- Frying oil
- Powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Average budget
Combine 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope of active dry yeast, 1 2 cup warm water (105° to 115°), and 1 tsp. granulated sugar in bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup evaporated milk, 2 large eggs (slightly beaten), 1 tsp. of salt, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
Microwave 1 cup water until hot (about 115°); stir in 1/4 cup of shortening until melted. Add to yeast mixture. Beat at low speed, gradually adding 4 cups flour, until smooth.
Gradually add 2 1 2 to 3 cups more flour, beating until a sticky dough forms.
Transfer to a lightly greased bowl; turn to grease top. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface; roll to 1 4-inch thickness. Cut into 2 1 2-inch squares.
Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
Fry dough, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dry on a wire rack.
Drizzle with honey. Dust immediately with powdered sugar.
Let cool slightly, serve at warm temp.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1111 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (924 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (353 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (165 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.3/5 (160 Votes)
- Mini Quiche Lorraine without batter 4.3/5 (129 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.