Boost Your Immune System With This Delicious Autumn Drink
This cold-bustin' drink is the perfect thing for those chilly, rainy days.
- 1.5 cups / 400 ml of water
- 1 heaped tbsp. of dried elderberry flowers
- 1 heaped tbsp of elderberries (you can also use 1 cup of elderberry juice)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. of fresh ginger
- Honey for sweetening
- Sparkling water (to taste)
- Grate the ginger and place in a pot, along with the elderberry blossoms, elderberries and cinnamon stick.
- Add hot water, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the tea through a strainer, to filter out any solid bits.
- Sweeten with honey, then return the cinnamon stick to the tea and let it rest for another 15 minutes.
- Top off with sparkling water (optional).
Like this article? You should definitely check out these 8 natural ways to make you home fresh and fragrant!
More steaming articles
10 foods for a brighter smile 12 ways to elevate baked potatoes 8 hacks to save water when you're...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Fresh Mango Salad
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.