6 Brilliant Substitutes for Eggs to Use in All Your Baked Goods
Whether you're vegan, you've run out of eggs, or you're just looking for ways to get creative in the kitchen – these foods make great replacements in all your favorite recipes!
While it won't help your baked goods to rise, in recipes where eggs are used as a binding ingredients, applesauce is a perfect stand-in. It's naturally sweet and contains plenty of moisture, perfect for foods that risk getting too dry. Just use about 1/3 cups of applesauce per egg.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.