The Best Chilled Dinners for Sticky, Hot Days
These delectable recipes will fill you up and cool you off.
© The Wood and Spoon
Tomato Galette with Basil Pesto and Feta
This sweet and savory galette is filled with herbs and sweet tomatoes. The flaky crust holds up well to the burst tomatoes and cheese. This dish is perfect for warm nights because it can be eaten cold with a salad on the side. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!