23 Tasty Ways to Cook with Bread from Crust to Crumb
You might think you know everything you can make with sliced bread, but think again.
© Hot For Food
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich
Craving the heat and tang of your favorite buffalo wings? This plant-based sandwich has your back. Rolling your cauliflower steaks in panko breadcrumbs is essential for that signature crunch. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.