Eggplant sloppy joes recipes - 2 recipes
Sloppy Joes are a great American classic. But have you ever heard of eggplant Sloppy Joes? They're a great way to get your kids eating more vegetables. Eggplants are rich in nutrients and when cooked with ground beef and tomatoes, they practically melt into the sauce, making them undetectable to a child's keen eye! Eggplant Sloppy Joes are the perfect dish to get your whole family eating healthy, balanced meals. Not to mention that they're delicious! Try our recipes for a healthy dinner treat!
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Eggplant sloppy joes recipes
Sneaky Eggplant Sloppy JoesYUM!Food Porn
Sneaky Eggplant Sloppy Joes
- 1 large or 2 small eggplants
- 1 25oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup water
- 3 oz red wine (optional)
- 1Tbsp italian seasoning
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 6 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns (buttered and toasted)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Sloppy Joes with Eggplant
By Receitas sem Fronteiras, Receitas sem Fronteiras
In a large pan, heat some oil and add the onion and garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large eggplant
- chopped into small cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- the juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or according to your taste)