Sloppy Joes with Eggplant
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large eggplant
- chopped into small cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- the juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or according to your taste)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large pan, heat some oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook until transparent, then add the eggplant. Cook for about 10 minutes before adding the beef.
When the beef is browned, add the water and ketchup. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the sugar, lime juice, mustard and hot sauce.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, then serve on warm hamburger buns.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Sneaky Eggplant Sloppy Joes 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Tuna Rilettes with Green Apple 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Carrot Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Burritos 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Inside-out Beef Wellington Bites 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Mary's Meatloaf 4/5 (73 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with celery and... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.