Texas Style Hotdogs With Cheese
By maryjo young
Reg. Beef hotdogs with chopped onions, Texas sauce and cheese.
- 1 pkg. Reg. Beef hotdogs, 1 pkg. Hotdog buns, 1 sm. Onion, 1 can of Texas sauce and shredded cheddar cheese.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Open hotdogs and slice hotdogs long ways down the middle about 1/4 of the way through the hotdog. DONT CUT THE HOTDOG FULLY IN HALF.
After cutting the hotdogs use your hands to slowly open each hotdog. DONT SEPERATE THE HOTDOG HALVES.
Place hotdogs into a frying pan and brown lightly inside and out.
Meanwhile chop onions into small pieces and set aside. Then heat Texas sauce and set aside.
Lay out hotdog buns on plates. Add cooked hotdogs with sliced side faced upwards.
Add onions, then Texas sauce and top with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese and serve.
After putting hotdogs together you can also heat in the microwave if you like the bun warm.
You'll also love
- Honey Mustard Corndogs 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Piggies In A Blanket 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- MECHADO 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Nana's Chicken Dumpling Soup 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- rice Krispies 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- MOTHER'S DILL PICKLES 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini and blue cheese tart 3.9/5 (52 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!