Lemon cookies - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Lemon cookies recipes
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Heat oven to 375. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl
- 3 c sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks softened and unsalted butter
- 3 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1 c Bourbon Vanilla Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Easy lemon cookies
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 2 cups of Cool Whip
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 cup or so of powder sugar