Mint Julep Truffles
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 7 ounces good white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- Mint Julep Sugar
- White Chocolate Candy Coating
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Place the cream in a heat-proof bowl, and set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cook until heated through. Using a wire whisk, slowly stir the white chocolate into the warm cream until completely melted. Whisk in the bourbon, vanilla, and mint. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until pliable but firm enough to scoop.
With 2 teaspoons or a 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop, make dollops of the chocolate mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, until firm enough to roll into rough spheres. Coat each piece with candy coating and sprinkle with Mint Julep Sugar.
This recipe is adapted from an Ina Garten recipe