Mint Julep Cookies
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/4 c corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 c Mint Julep Sugar
- 1/3 c powdered sugar, plus more for garnish
- 3-4 TBS fresh mint leaves
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 shots of bourbon
- 1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk on high the butter and cream cheese. Add Bourbon Vanilla Extract and bourbon. Continue to whisk on high for 1-2 minutes. In three additions, add the flour mixture into the butter and cream cheese mixture. Stir until combined.
Put the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 325.
On a cookie sheets sobered in parchment, place flattened pieces of dough about an inch apart from each other. Bake for 20 minutes.
When the cookies are done and slightly cooled, drop them in a bowl full of powdered sugar. Make sure they are covered in sugar.
You'll also love
- Coastal Coconut Key Lime Coolers 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Buttermilk Biscuits 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Bourbon Blood Orange 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Peach Mojito 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Honey Bourbon Chicken 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Andes Mint Cookies 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe