Bourbon Sugar Bagels
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar- separate 3 TBS out of this 1/4 cup and set aside.
- 1 1/2 tsp ground Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Crumble topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large mixing bowl, mix together water and yeast. Add spices and only 3 TBS of the Bourbon Smoked Sugar. Add flour a little bit at a time.
On a floured surface, knead the dough for 8-10 minutes. Put the dough in a greased bowl; cover and let sit for an hour.
Fill a large pot with water and the rest of the sugar from the bagel recipe. Bring the water to a boil. Make 10 pieces from the dough, and punch a hole in each section. Let sit for 15 minutes. Boil each bagel for 45 seconds; you can boil 2 bagels at a time. The bagels will seems really soggy.
Heat oven to 400. Mix together all of the crumble toppings. Top each bagel with the crumble topping, and bake bagels for 15-20 minutes. This recipe is adapted from a Taste of Home recipe.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin pie dessert 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Bubble Bread/Monkey Bread 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Classic White Bread 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes 2.8/5 (71 Votes)
- Korean Style Spinach with... 3.2/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?
Review this recipe