- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 small yellow onion, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter, divided
- Nonfat, plain yogurt or unsweetened applesauce
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
place potatoes in a colander and rinse. Dry on paper towels.
In a large bowl, combine onion, four and parsley. Stir in egg, egg white, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and mix well.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tsp of butter. Place about 3 Tbsp of potato mixture in skillet, flatten into a pancake with spatula. Make 3 more pancakes in skillet as directed.
Cook until browned on the bottom, about 7 minutes, pressing with spatula. Turn carefully, cook until golden on other side, about 6 to 7 minutes. Place on a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat twice with the remaining butter and potato mixture. Serve with applesauce or yogurt.
You'll also love
- Dannielle's Twice Baked Potatoes 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Potato Wedges 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
Review this recipe