Oreo Sprinkle Cookies
- 20 Oreos, crushed into crumbs in the food processor (about 2 1/4 cups crushed)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 25 whole Oreos
- (about) half a cup of sprinkles, white or color of your choice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the Oreo crumbs, butter/margarine, and peanut butter.
Carefully, using a knife, open the Oreo. Scrape the filling intothe bowl, and set cookies carefully on the side. Repeat with remaining Oreos.
Mix Oreo filling into the rest of the mixture. I like to use my hands here to really incorporate all of the ingredients into a smooth dough.
Take a small amount of dough and roll it into a ball, roughly the size of a walnut. Sandwich between two cookies, then press down to force the filling just until the edge of the cookies. Roll the stuffed cookie in the sprinkles, then repeat with remaining cookies.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!