Dulce de leche PastaFrola
- 2 cups flour (240 gr)
- 2 tblesp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar (110 gr)
- 100 gr butter
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 2 spoons milk
- 1/2 Kg. Dulce de leche
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Strain/mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar. Add the butter, mixing well with a fork.
Add the yolk, the egg and milk and blend till it's well mixed.
Leave it in the fridge for a while. (if you leave it more than 20 minutes, cover it with a nylon film to avoid getting it dry)
Stretch/draw the dough till it gets 1/2 cm of width, and place it in a buttered mould.
Fill it with the Dulce de leche.
Cover the top with stripes of dough of 1/2 cm width and fold the border inwards.
Cook in hot oven(~300 C)for 30 minutes.
You can replace the dulce de leche for another jam
You'll also love
- Spanish Corn cakes with tomato and... 3.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Choco Flan 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dip 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate cool Whip Pie 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grandma Marie's Baked Chicken in... 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Oven Chicken and Rice 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Pie 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Holiday pie 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.