Smoked Mozzarella Chicken & Penne Pasta
- Chicken and Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil for cooking chicken
- Pasta Ingredients:
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups half & half - warmed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes - chopped
- 3-4 slices smoked provolone - cut in thin strips or 1/2 cup shredded Smoked Mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- flat leaf parsley - chopped for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Marinate the chicken in lemon juice and garlic for an hour in the fridge.
Heat water for pasta and cook pasta. While it cooks, do remaining steps of recipe.
Heat 2-3 Tbs. olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook till done. Remove from pan.
Add 3 Tbs. butter to same skillet. Cook garlic in butter 2-3 minutes. Add chopped red pepper. Cook several minutes till pepper is tender-crisp. Remove from pan.
Whisk in wine, cooking a minute. Whisk in half & half.
Stir in Parmesan and Asiago cheese. Turn heat down to simmer, stirring to let the cheese melt.
Drain cooked pasta. Combine pasta with sauce and red peppers. Top with cooked chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, Provolone or Smoked Mozzarella and parsley.