A south indian Breakfast / dinner made with Sooji.
- Rava / sooji - 1 cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Eno Fruit salt- 1 tea spoon
- water - as required to get the idly batter consistency
- Salt - as per taste
- To Temper:
- Mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Urad dal - 2 tea spoons
- Channa dal- 1/4 cup
- Cashews- 2 tea spoons (broken/chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig (finely chopped)
- Oil - 3 tea spoons
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
1. In a pan, heat three tea spoons of oil and add mustard seeds, channa dal, and urad dal one by one. Saute well.
2.When the channa dal is almost roasted well, add chopped cashews, and curry leaves and saute well.
3.Then Add Rava and Roast for 10 -15 minutes in medium flame.
4. Then let it cool to room temperature, and add half cup of curd and required salt, mix well
5. Keep it aside for 3-5 minutes
6. Then add required water to get the idly batter consistency. (add water little by little)
7. grease the idly molds, and heat water in idly pot and keep ready.
8.Add a tea spoon of fruit salt and stir well. immediately pour the batter in molds and cook for 15 minutes.
9. Insert a toothpick or fork to check whether it is coming out clean.or cook for another 5 more minutes.
10. Serve with your favorite chutney or podi.