Coke Cola Chicken
A savory dish that when served over steamed rice will be more than filling. It will make your family want it more often
- 1 cut up chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 minced medium onion
- 1 minced medium bell pepper
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 32 ounces ketchup
- 20 ounces Coke Cola Classic
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook chicken in oil until almost done. Drain on paper towels. Reserve two tablespoons drippings and discard the rest.
To oil add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Do not brown but sauté until onions are tender. Alternately add ketchup and coke while stirring.
Bring to a light simmer and add chicken. Simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and falling from bone.
Serve over steamed rice while still hot.
We have tried this recipe with several pastas but it isn't the same. Rice adds to the flavor.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.