Sherbet recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Sherbet recipes
Cook 3/4 cup scant sugar with 1 cup water until sugar dissolves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 beaten egg white
Fluffy Lime Punch
Light and refreshing
- 1 quart chilled ginger ale
- 1 quart lime sherbet
- 1 quart chilled unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
Fruity Sherbet Punch
Combine juice and soda in punch bowl
- 2 gallons pineapple orange juice
- 3 2 liter bottles pineapple orange soda
- 2 quarts each pineapple and orange sherbet